Cornell

<p>I know Cornell is big on diversity . However is the college of Arts and Sciences in Cornell university also big on diversity . Also I am not trying to use my URM status to get me into Cornell A&S .However does the African American Status help in admission to Cornell A&S and to what extent ?</p>

<p>If you are a competitive applicant, and they are deciding between you and another student with similar statistics. Note that you likely have to already be in their scope as a qualified student first.</p>

<p><a href=“Black First-Year Students at the Nation’s Leading Research Universities : The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education”>http://www.jbhe.com/2013/11/jbhe-annual-survey-black-first-year-students-at-nations-leading-research-universities/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Take a look at this. The overall acceptance rate at Cornell in 2013 was 15.6%, where as the AA acceptance rate was 20%, so yes a bit higher. So 3322 AA students applied but still only 665 were accepted. 2257 AA applicants were rejected, so don’t have unrealistic expectations regarding what diversity initiatives will do for you.</p>

<p>I just happened upon some of your other posts. I really think you need a harsh dose of reality when it comes to Cornell caliber schools. Your GPA is seriously problematic, especially your 65 in precalc, and the 55 in calc. I am really surprised you were not advised to retake precalc rather than going on to calc…you will be completing against other AA students with 4.0 gpas…and given your demonstrated math ability how you can you feel you are able pull off a 2300 SAT score? Colleges also won’t be interested in an award that you won in 8th grade, or a set back you had in 3rd grade. Please look through common data sets and the college acceptance threads. There are many wonderful colleges out there and you need to explore them rather than fixating on a slim chance dream school. Good luck to you.</p>

<p>Well unlike you i do have faith . That’s where God wants me to be , and there where i am going to go . From this day forth , will do everything in my power to get into Cornell .If that means to pull all nighters studying , then that’s what i will do .I will get an amazing score on my SAT and SAT subject test. Oh and for your reality check , 4.0 GPA’s get rejected all the time .Some high schools are so easy and they love to inflate grades . I will show you that I am fully capable . I will put in the work and always have faith . Its people like you , who made me do everything i had to , to succeed ! I will get in , if its the last thing i do ! It does not matter who speaks against my blessing , if i work and have faith it will come true . I WILL SHOW ALL OF YOU ! And even if i don’t get in , i will appeal , and keep calling until i do . Persistence always beats resistance. @planner03</p>

<p>Wow.
You have started 7 threads now asking about your chances at Cornell so I assumed you were looking for advice? You shouldn’t ask questions and then respond rudely when you don’t hear what you want to hear. </p>

<p>@chambersw‌ - I would not suggest rejecting advice so strongly after having asked for it.</p>

<p>I am a believer too and God will put you where He wants you if you trust him. However, where you want to be and where God wants you to be may well be two very different places. Many times in the Bible, God’s people ended up in places they didn’t want to be in - Jonah in Nineveh, Daniel in the Lion’s Den, Apostles in jails, shipwrecks, stoned to death, in exile on an island, persecuted out of Jerusalem then persecuted out of Rome, in bondage in Egypt, wandering a wilderness for 40 years, taken in chains to Babylon, cast out of Eden, nailed to a cross!</p>

<p>The Bible says you’re sinning if you say “I’m going to go to this or that place and do business for some time” because it’s arrogant. It says you should say “If God wills, I will do this or that.”</p>

<p>So, if God wills, you will go to Cornell. If not, you will go somewhere else where God wants you to be and like so many of those in Scripture, you should welcome with joy the opportunity to be in whatever place God chooses to put you.</p>

<p>Hence, no need to get angry or upset or defensive. Only joyful because you decided to put yourself in His hands and know that all things will work out for good regardless of where you go or don’t go to school.</p>

<p>@Madaboutx‌ Very well said. Couldn’t agree more. </p>

<p>@madaboutx Absolutely yes. @chambersw, I think this is what you need to hear right now.</p>