Covid vaccines roll outs in your state or location

In Colorado, you do not need to live in the county where you get your covid testing or shot. For testing, you don’t even have to be a Colorado resident.

Two friends work for a nursing home corporate office (they are 1b group). They got to sign up for a vaccine at a Safeway/Walgreens pharmacy, so not necessarily where they live or work. We have about 7 counties in the metro area. You can’t tell from a driver’s license or other ID which county you live in as unincorporated areas often have ‘Denver’ as the mailing address but they aren’t in Denver County or ‘Littleton’ when they are in a different county.

My understanding is that they had to fill out paperwork and state they were in Group 1b, but no other requirement (like a letter from an employer).

In CT, when you do the sign up for your appointment, you put in your zip code and the distance to search from your house. When I did that, I got about 20 testing sites, and they were in three different counties. I chose the one in my county because it was closest and had availability soonest.

I needed a picture ID, and they did verify my address when I arrived at the site for accuracy. But anyone from any county could have been at that site.

@thumper1 Is that for testing or for the vaccination? In California, to my knowledge, the public has not been informed as to how vaccinations will be administered after health care workers are vaccinated.

My BIL in Florida has had his vaccine. He is over 70 and retired. He said that in Lee County it was very orderly and well handled.

@TatinG this thread is about the vaccine…not covid tests.

The agency I got my first shot through is using the VAMS CDC signup system which is excellent. The agency had to include me on their list. Once that happened, I received an email from VAMS to set up my account and schedule an appointment which included choosing a site for the vaccine administration.

I had my first shot at 11:10 in the morning and by 6 in the evening received an email about signing up for my second shot…very efficient.

For covid testing, CT has over 120 sites for covid tests. Some require appointments and others do not. But this thread is about the vaccine.

Your post said ‘testing sites’. Is CT setting up a way for people other than first responders and healthcare workers to get the vaccine?

Here in California, we are in the dark. Nothing has been said as to how the next Tier of people are going to be getting the vaccine. No sign up website, nothing.

I received my first dose of Moderna this morning in IL. We are on to community based health care providers and support staff.

The process was very well coordinated. Our practice got an email earlier this week from the health department that we were eligible. There was an online registration form, we picked a time, and then went to the community center that was the vaccination site.

Temp checks, health questionnaire, and ID verification upon entry; consent paperwork; a verbal questionnaire about health history; the jab done by EMTs; and then the observation period.

There was someone cleaning every point (chairs/pens/door) with bleach after each use, everything distanced, etc…

I’m scheduled for the 2nd dose on 2/4.

2 Likes

I registered my mother in NJ for the vaccine 2 days ago and she got notification today that she has an appt Feb 4th.

4 Likes

They must be starting to finish up with group 1a because I’m starting to see more and more medical people not necessarily on the “front lines” vaccinated (ie PT people), office people, etc. vaccinated and I saw that Pritzker announced that people over 65 as part of group 1b will be able to get the vaccine in a few weeks. Hoping things are starting to ramp up. I know there are still a lot of independent care facilities that need to get it also, but maybe finally things are moving.

2 Likes

Does any one have experience with the process in Massachusetts?

I am trying to help my 90 y/o aunt figure the process and don’t find the MA Covid dashboard all that helpful. Like @oldfort’s mother, I am in NJ and will be registering today even though I don’t expect to qualify until the summer.

Thank you

I think Walmart, Riteaide, Target, CVS may be vaccinating people soon. If your aunt has prescriptions filled at those places she may be notified when it is her turn.

Some Walgreens in some states and stores have vaccines now, click here for more info and to register: https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid-19

California has set an order of vaccine availability:

• Phase 1A
    • Healthcare workers
    • Long-term care residents
  • Phase 1B
    • 1B Tier One
      • Individuals 75 and older
      • Those at risk of exposure at work in the following sectors: education, childcare, emergency services, and food and agriculture
    • 1B Tier Two
      • Individuals 65 -74 years of age
      • Those at risk of exposure at work in the following sectors: transportation and logistics; industrial, commercial, residential, and sheltering facilities and services; critical manufacturing
      • Congregate settings with outbreak risk: incarcerated and homeless
  • Phase 1C
    • Individuals 50 -64 years of age
    • People 16-64 years of age and have an underlying health condition or disability which increases their risk of severe COVID-19
    • Those at risk of exposure at work in the following sectors: water and wastewater; defense; energy; chemical and hazardous materials; communications and IT; financial services; government operations / community-based essential functions
  • Everyone else.

However, currently, the state is only in Phase 1A.

Thank you. I will look into this for her.

I’m glad to see that California finally has some information available on vaccine prioritization! It looks like I’ll be in Phase 1C, unless I’m able to get the vaccine sooner because I work in a dental office. I don’t see where that falls on this list.

The following gives subprioritization in Phase 1A. Dental offices are mentioned.

1 Like

Thanks for the details on California. I will be in 1B Tier Two, so quite a while yet. And it sure doesn’t sound like my dentist will have had the vaccine by my appointment on Monday.

Oh, my county says dentists are in the “Vaccinating NOW” phase, so who knows. And we’re “Vaccinating NEXT”. :confused:

https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/hhsa/programs/phs/community_epidemiology/dc/2019-nCoV/vaccines/phases.html

I wonder if states will allow certain areas of the state to move on to the next phase independently, or if all areas/regions of a state must complete one phase before any area/region of the state is allowed to move into the next phase? For instance, my city is being efficient (I suspect) in vaccine distribution, and there are certain parts of the state which probably aren’t as efficient.

A public health director in a populous area of the state was asked this yesterday, and she seemed to imply that permission to move to the next phase would have to come from the governor (or his designee, such as the state health director), and that the state as as whole would move into the next phase.

I also wonder if this is the plan for now, and it might change, similar to when governors imposed statewide restrictions at the beginning of the pandemic, then made them or allowed them at regional or even municipality levels.

In GA , starting monday, certain parts of the state can move to phase 1B, including some metro Atlanta counties.

1 Like

I am in California, some dentist friends of mine received their shot yesterday. I am at what is classified as long-term care “ICF” (although we are currently working as a Covid Surge Alternate Care site) and supposedly we will start next week. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for posting the information, @ucbalumnus. I’m still not sure I will (or should) qualify since I am an accounts person at the dental office and don’t have close face-to-face contact with patients. It will be interesting to see what the specific criteria are though.