CSS Profile: What year to consider for Parent's Employment Intro/status

Hello,
Would sincerely appreciate anyone who can help with helping me understand the below:
In the CSS profile, for the section “Parent Employment Intro: Next we’ll ask questions about child’s parents employment and any retirement plans.”
What year should this be answered for: the prior year for which the tax info was provided OR the current status as of the time when filling the CSS profile form?
Thank you sincerely in advance for helping with this questions.
MJ

While filling the CSS profile for entering college in Fall 2024: Since the tax information being entered is for last year (2022), how does one answer the question in the Parent/Employment section “where does parent1 work?” - should that employment place be for last year (relevant to the tax information being filled) OR this year which has no bearing to the tax info being entered in the profile?
Appreciate any guidance for this.
Thank you

@kelsmom - Can you help answer this questions?

I’m haven’t worked with Profile in years & don’t recall that question. However, having worked in financial aid, I can take a guess as to how the information might be used. Like some other questions asked - for example, how much can you pay? - I don’t think that the answer really matters. I wouldn’t obsess about it. Put current employer (or employers).

2 Likes

I agree. Respond with the current employment information.

2 Likes