CWRU Class of 2025 Official Discussion Thread

who do we call?

You may call the admission office or send an email to your admission officer.
I can see my son’s admission officer’s email and phone number on the portal. The Case team has been very responsive.

thank you so much! and this is different from a letter of continued interest correct? we just make it clear that we would definitely accept the offer if accepted from the waitlist?

That’s what I heard from my friend. If it’s your first choice, you want to tell the admission officer outright that you are going to put down your deposit immediately upon an acceptance. I cannot imagine they wouldn’t take a student whom they offered scholarship, unless every admitted student has received a scholarship. I don’t think it’s the case though.

1 Like

Thank you! Will do the same!!

You are welcome. Good luck to your son!

It is okay to tell CWRU that they are your top choice…but that won’t guarantee admission. Case, like all colleges, wants a balanced class so they may not admit 300 Biomedical Engineers of the WL, but will want a balance of majors, ECs, females/males, etc.

My son got a scholarship if he gets off waitlist, too. He’s sent 3 emails to his admissions counselor and received a response to only 1. He wrote he couldn’t accept a place off the waitlist without being able to tour and the counselor wrote back with 1 sentence that tours for waitlist were opening soon. Basically, it’s a waiting game!

Thank you :slight_smile:

I am afraid the email about school visit might not have helped. They want to see unconditional love :smile:
After my son got waitlisted from his dream school, we drove a round trip of 8 hours for a self-guided tour at the school and he wrote a LOCI after that. He gave the best shot and then just moved on with the schools where he was admitted. The kids have enough options. I am pretty sure most of them will eventually fall in love with the schools they go to.

Oh, we drove 14 hours in 36 hours for the 45-minute tour once it was available to us! Then my son wrote another letter saying that after seeing it the school was definitely his first choice.

Wow, that’s definitely a lot of interest. As the school would consider a scholarship, he certainly is fully qualified for the school too. I wish your son the best of luck!

Make sure to let the counselor know the trip and your son’s impression about the school.

We certainly did. Thanks! It’s so hard. But at least he has another solid choice.

1 Like

I am just curious what is it about CWRU that makes it your son’s number 1? What is his major? If not CWRU where will he go?

At his first college fair, when he was a sophomore, it became his top choice because the person at the table made the school sound “different.” When we went for the tour, he loved the feel and what the tour guide told him. He’s interested in CS and will go to RIT, which has an amazing CS program, if he doesn’t get in.

Do we have until 11:59pm on May 3rd to pay the enrollment deposit and commit ? Or does it have to be like 11:59pm on May 2nd

Hi! My daughter just received the interview invite for the PPSP Dental program. Wondering if anyone from the past year can shed some light on the format and content of the PPSP dental interviews to help her prep? Thanks in advance.