CWRU Class of 2025 Official Discussion Thread

yes, they are. you have to register through your applicant portal.

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

My daughter yesterday signed up with NYU. Although I did not feel particularly “bad” about turning down many of the other colleges who admitted her, with CWRU I did. Throughout the process they provided us with tons of live info events, the campus visit was nice, and the academics are obviously quite strong. Not to mention the merit scholarship, which was unmatched by any other school. Had she not gotten into NYU, I think CWRU would have won her over.

Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

I hope NYU is affordable for you/her!

Thank you @bopper. Fortunately, we do not expect to go into debt, otherwise I think we would have chosen CWRU.

What is her major in NYU?

@jimmyBo it will be Biology, and I am guessing a minor in journalism and/or data science.

That’s great. Almost exactly same here. Biology with some creative writing/similar minor. What did you think of Case from a Writing/journalism standpoint? @collegebownd

To be honest, we did not look at the liberal arts side of CWRU very closely; once we bought into Biology at NYU being competitive (including research opportunities and internships), NYU’s liberal arts/humanities and in particular journalism were unbeatable, especially in the context of New York City.

Trying to understand what it means when they keep you on waitlist but say you would get a university scholarship if admitted. Don’t want to get too excited but does it mean a good probability of getting off the waitlist?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure everyone on the waitlist gets the email with their scholarship amount in order to help them decide whether they should/want to stay on the waitlist.

Has anyone of your kid been accepted from waitlist yet? My S did mention last 2 weeks that CWRU as his first choice. Still have not heard back from Case yet.

Yes. My S did get an email with the scholarship amount ifo.

My daughter sent an email to the admissions office and to her admissions officer over a week ago and has not received a response from either. Is anyone else experiencing delayed responses?

Yes my S did the same and we did not get any intimation from CWRU yet. Maybe they are processing the waitlist applications.

At this point, Case, like others colleges, wants to preserve the “yield” (number of students offered admission that will actually attend).

So they want to know if they offer admission you would attend at this point.
They will tell you what your scholarships would be and may even ask if you would attend if offered admission…so if the answer is no they won’t offer it to you. This won’t be the time that you can weigh multiple offers… you kind of need to do that now…figure out where you (child) would go based on existing admittances and what would it take for you to want to go to Case if offered.

Yes. My Son wants to get to CWRU. If offered from waiting list, we would 100% accept right away. Deadlines for other colleges are getting closer and not hearing back is making it hard to come up to a decision.

Make sure he responds that Case is his top choice and he wants to remain on the waiting list…
He can accept a spot for another college (before May 1) and then he could decline that and switch to CWRU if offered a spot. You may lose the deposit but that is up to your family if that is worth it or not.

Thanks for the response. Yes, he replied saying that CWRU is his first choice.

If your son has received an offer of scholarship but been put on the waitlist, he may want to call them right away to tell them that he would enroll immediately if they take him off the waitlist now. The scholarship offer indicates that they want him but are just not sure about his commitment. I heard a similar story from a friend who had the experience last year.

Good luck!

1 Like