Decisions for Fall 2016 Transfer?

Hi, I applied to Baruch for the Fall 2016 semester as a transfer student. I am curious if anyone has heard back with a decision being made?

Also, I applied late as a transfer will this significantly lower my chances to get accepted? Admissions said I probably wont hear back until late March. Any feedback will be much appreciated!

Yes, some transfer students applying to Baruch have received their admission status. Transfer students could apply for the Fall 2016 semester since early November, if you applied late, you’ll have to wait longer. Depending on the amount of seats Baruch has available for transfer students, it’s possible that you could be at a slight disadvantage. Make sure that you write a well written personal statement about yourself, and get recommendation letters from your previous professors to improve your chances of attending Baruch.

Remember only send the personal statement, if it is well written, don’t rush it.

Thank you very much for the feedback! Do you think if I had a slightly better GPA than someone who applied earlier, they would still take that individual instead of me?

Binghamton University
3.45 GPA
Major: Financial Economics
Minor:Business

Hey, don’t worry - you’re actually not that much at a disadvantage because you applied late. I spoke to a senior admissions, and he said time does not matter UNLESS to applied after the deadline was due. You’re just put into the second batch of admission decisions, which will be sent out March 15th to April 1st.

Also, you’re good. You just need a 3.2 of higher to get accepted really. (The average of transfer students combined). I have a 3.8 lol. We good. They had an error in my application on there part, so they put me into the second batch -_- but they told me it’s not big deal because it won’t affect my chance of getting in.