Deferring Scholarship

Hi everyone,

I’m considering options for this summer, one of which is staying on campus to continue my research while taking 1-2 classes. However, since I’m planning to use my 5th year of National Merit scholarship for a Masters program, I definitely don’t want to use a semester of scholarship for just a couple classes.

I looked on the scholarships page, and it said you have to submit an application to defer the scholarship. Does anyone have experience with doing this? They don’t accept it if you will be taking classes at another university during the semester, but how about classes at UA?

I know this is a really specific question, but I’m hoping some of you have experience, including anything I should or shouldn’t put in the request form (if you know).

Thanks!

Are you asking if you have to use your scholarship for this summer’s classes? No, you don’t. Just tell scholarship office ahead of time, by email, that you don’t want to use your scholarship.

However, staying over the summer and taking classes, if you’re OOS, will be quite expensive. You can use your $2000 summer experience towards the expense