Difficulty checking application status - HTTP Cookies

Is anybody else running into this problem? Did anyone find a work-around?

D has submitted her application. Can log into “myBama” fine. When we go to “Check application status”, there is a warning message that the browser has disabled cookies and login will not work. We have tried multiple browsers (Chrome and IE11), adjusted the cookie settings on both browsers, and have given exception settings for ua.edu on both browsers, but the problem persists.

Yes, I had the same problem, but I found an unintuitive work around. Go to login.ua.edu & login with your new password. Click on “admissions/scholarships” & then click on “check my application status” under “undergraduate admissions”. Here is where it is not intuitive at all - next you will find a login & pin screen. Use your old login & pin that you used before you submitted your app (not your new login & password). Now it gets even less intuitive - then click on “create a new admissions application”. On the next screen click on “undergraduate admissions”. Then on the next screen click on “summary”. And then you’ll find your application status. It’s that easy (well, not really easy, but that will get you to what you’re looking for). Good luck!

Thanks, J-Lo, but we can’t get past the cookie issue to get to the in to the unintuitve part.

With the warning about cookies,it will not let us log in to admissions section. We are using the old login & pin, but it doesn’t work due to the cookie issue.

The message we are seeing is:
This system requires the use of HTTP cookies to verify authorization information. Our system has detected that your browser has disabled HTTP cookies, or does not support them. Please refer to the Help page for more information on how to correctly configure your browser for use with this system.

We have tried multiple browsers (Chrome, IE11, Firefox), checked that cookies are enabled on each browser, and even set up exception cases for ua.edu. No go.

I have an email in to the admissions office. But am still interested if anyone has had this issue, and how they worked around it.