Disaster Relief Internship Opportunity for Summer 2011

<p>Disaster Relief Internship Opportunity for Summer 2011</p>

<p>Are you interested in receiving course credit for your work in the tornado relief effort? UA students have the option to conduct internships with various agencies involved in the recovery effort for up to six hours of course credit. We will work to match students to internships with the City of Tuscaloosa and relief agencies. For more information or to sign up, contact William McCracken, the Disaster Relief Internship Coordinator, at <a href=“mailto:mccra008@crimson.ua.edu”>mccra008@crimson.ua.edu</a>. Please include your name, telephone number, major, minor, and CWID in your e-mail. Please also mention the type of work you would like to do in an internship and any relevant skills or experience you have. Please be aware that we may not be able to place all students in internships depending on how much interest is expressed, but that we will do our best to find something for everyone.</p>

<p>I know my two guys are not available but I have a few questions. Do you know if room & board is included in these internships (for out of state students)? Are these paid internships? Any idea how many hours each day students would be working?</p>

<p>I don’t know. </p>

<p>I don’t think internships that include course credit are paid, but I could be wrong. </p>

<p>You’d have to email the listed address and ask.</p>

<p>Do you think usual OOS tuition charges will apply to the 6 credits?</p>

<p>When my kids did something like this last summer, Bama let them “charge” it to their fall hours.</p>

<p>In this case, it’s “up to 6 credits”…so if a scholarship student is taking - say 16 credits in the fall, they could take 4 credits and ask to charge it to fall hours.</p>