Do I still have a shot at being accepted?

<p>Hey everyone. I’m in 10th grade, and I’m currently attending High School in Orlando, Florida. I’m in the International Baccalaureate program (currently in the process of dropping out of that) and I have been struggling a lot this year. I had an “okay” freshman with a 3.2 GPA. But then, something happened this year, I honestly don’t know what it was. I just felt like sitting around and doing nothing. My GPA so far in these two quarters of school has dipped into pretty dangerous territory. A 2.4 GPA is nothing to be excited about. I know I’ve made mistakes, and I have no choice but to straighten my problems out and begin working my butt off in this 2nd semester. My parents have contacted the IB administrator at my school and I’ve told that I will be put in either regular (hopefully not) or honors classes after January 18th. If I pull up my grades in the 2nd semester, and continue doing well in my Junior and Senior year, could I still get accepted into 'Bama?</p>

<p>Sorry if this is too long. But thanks for reading.</p>

<p>Hey raysman! If you want my opinion, I think a comeback is entirely in the realm of possibility. I don’t want to sound cheesy, but it’s true: if you apply yourself and put your mind to it, you can do it! You have two years left, after all. I’m not saying don’t worry about it; do all the worrying you need to do in order to bring your GPA back up. But you have by no means ruined your shot.
Best of luck to you!!!</p>

<p>Thanks for the quick response TNTide5! I appreciate it. :)</p>

<p>A 3.2 GPA in an IB program isn’t bad, especially if your school has a tough grading policy. It seems like the problem is that you didn’t apply yourself this semester, not that you’re not capable.</p>

<p>Unless you feel over your head, I would petition to stay in the IB program and convince the administration than you will really buckle down.</p>

<p>You’re only a 10th grader, so you have time to redeem yourself. We all need wake up calls in life from time to time, and this was yours.</p>

<p>To your credit, you are taking responsibility and it appears that you are taking the appropriate steps to get back on track.</p>

<p>All the best to you for next semester!</p>