Do transfers feel welcome at UM?

<p>Okay, well here's my situation. I'm currently a student at a Florida public university. Because of state budget cuts, I hate it here. I was originally accepted to U Miami as a pre-med student, but declined the university because I didn't really like the atmosphere all that much when I visited. Well, the more I read about it, the more I learned about how good of a university it is. So I emailed an admissions officer, and they said that I could have my application reinstated but that it would have to be for spring 2013. I accepted the offer. Now what I want to know is: will I find it difficult to make friends at UM coming in a semester later? Will I have trouble fitting in? I'm kind of quiet, and not much of a Miami person, but I am pre-med, and heard that Miami has a strong pre-med program, which is why I now want to go.</p>

<p>It has been a few (ok- more than a few) years since I was a student at UM. I do notice that current students describe an atmosphere very similar to what I experienced- there are all kinds of people at UM and you will find your niche. Get involved and you will certainly meet like-minded people.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>