Do UC Release Authorizations give my high school the ability to read my essays?

If I authorize the UC schools to release my application information to my school, will my high school counselors be able to read my application essays? There’s some pretty personal stuff in my essays.

“I authorize the University of California to release to my school or college counselor/counseling office (or sponsoring agency) information regarding my application, including test scores, transcripts and other supporting documents, as they relate to my admission and scholarship status.” is how it’s worded and I’m not completely sure how much of my application that allows my high school to see.

No they will not have access to your application information. They will only provide supporting documents as needed.

But isn’t that statement giving your school access to your application information? Not giving the UC access to your school’s information?

I am not 100% sure but I believe that consent/authorization allows the high schools to see that you applied, where you applied, maybe where you got in, etc. but not the details of your essay.