Does this bother anyone else?

<p>Miike Snow was my obsession for a while. I encourage anyone interested in some new stuff to listen to Death Grips</p>

<p>I’m so lost in this convo now. xD</p>

<p>Just listen to Death Grips and it’ll all make sense</p>

<p>You know anyone/group awesome in the way that Miike and Passion Pit are besides Grip?</p>

<p>I’m sorry but I can’t seem to stomach death grips.</p>

<p>I mean. I have this headache now from listening to a couple of their songs. It’s not going away.</p>

<p>Being black and liking K-pop is not easy lol. Trust me. I usually just ignore the ignorance and do me. The rest can fall back.</p>

<p>@Philovitist Same here! The only exception with me is that I go on song binges instead of artist binges. For the last week or two, it’s been my favorite song of 2012 (And also the best song released in 2012), Good Time by Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen! These have been going on ever since the start of my sophomore year when I really expanded my tastes in music</p>

<p>Haha, I’ve found that DG isn’t for everyone. It certainly grew on me. </p>

<p>As for other good artists, here are a few: Animal Collective, Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Beirut, Broken Social Scene, Chad Valley, Twin Shadow (I love “At My Heels”), Django Django, Fleet Foxes, Foster the People, Gonjasufi, Washed Out (“Feel It All Around”), Kyle Andrews (“Bombs Away”), Lykke Li, M83, Mew, MGMT, Modest Mouse, The New Wine, Phoenix, The Submarines, Technicolor Fabrics, Tiger Lou, TNGHT, Tony Castles, and Weezer…</p>

<p>I have another list if you’re interested in hip hop or rap</p>

<p>A lot of those I know and love. Which is a good sign.</p>

<p>(Good Time is indeed a good song, though the epitome of pop.)</p>

<p>@tinny </p>

<p>Yeah. Folks assume you’re a wannabe. What’s fascinating is that many K-pop artists pull from “black music.”</p>

<p>

Yes, I can. I love (most) of his songs, and I’m glad I finally found a rapper who I can connect with. Lupe Fiasco and Childish Gambino are my 2 favorite rappers; however, Donald oftentimes raps about the life of the black kid who never really quite “fit in” (aka, me). For example, one of his lyrics: </p>

<p>“This one kid said somethin’ that was really bad
He said I wasn’t really black because I had a dad
I think that’s kinda sad
Mostly cause a lot of black kids think they should agree with that.” </p>

<p>Seriously, I really don’t need to turn on the radio (not like I listen to the radio, anyway, but) and hear about money, cars, drugs, murder, sleazy girls, the club, and some lifestyle that does not appeal to me/some lifestyle that I will never live. It annoys me to hear people say “rap is crap,” although I know that they’re talking about the mainstream music that’s everywhere – which is, of course, crap. Unless I’m about to start pop-locking, in which it turns into fun crap music.</p>

<p>Childish Gambino is my cover photo for Facebook and Twitter, although I think I’m the only person who knows this. Whenever you hear Heartbeat, Fire Fly, Hold You Down, All The Shine, the chorus of Sunrise, and the last few minutes of That Power, think of me. :)</p>

<p>Old thread, but yeah. It bothers me a little, because at my school there are only 2 black people in honors/ap classes, (me and this other boy) and pretty much the rest of the black people in my school are slackers who don’t care and hardly ever show up to school. it’s sad and disheartening that we have all of these great opportunities and alot of people aren’t using them.</p>

<p>Bump bump.</p>

<p>I’ve been hearing it my whole life, especially that I’m an Oreo.</p>