Does Virginia Tech consider freshman year gpa of high school?

I am currently a senior and am about to start applying to colleges.

My highest SAT score is 1520: Math: 770 & English: 750 (Superscored: Math is a 790, so my superscore SAT is a 1540)
My GPA is basically a flat 4.0 right now.

I go to a magnet school, however, and these numbers are on the lower side. Looking at the scatter plots for my school, I believe I’m on the border between getting in and not getting in. I think I would have a much greater chance if I knew that freshman year gpa does not count, because I bombed freshman year, and made a significant improvement by Junior year.

@Deltatown Yes they do but your SAT is wonderful. My son is a junior at VT and in the top 5% of his class. Are you in VA because I think only the CA schools don’t count freshman year? My advice would be to do all the optional essays and you can work in how you struggled freshman year but you persevered and now have goals and excellent grades. I think they read essays because my son was called by a faculty member near May decision day and it seemed they had read one of his essays. Make sure you have a couple of other schools you know you’ll be accepted by and you wouldn’t mind attending. I do think you’re in good shape for VT but don’t be over confident. Good luck!