dorm room details

<p>I am looking for a few details about the rooms in Stanford. Can anyone tell me what type of material the entry doors to the room are (ie. wood, metal)? Are you permitted to hang a message board? Do the closets in the rooms have doors or are they open? Does the dresser have a lockable drawer? Any other advice would be appreciated.</p>

<p>Hmmm I can't really remember the material of the doors. I believe that they were metal, but they weren't magnetic. We had a message board but we hung it up with some kind of sticky tape or something.</p>

<p>The closets have do have a door. It's actually more of a sliding/folding thing, but you can close it to shut off the closet from the rest of the room. If it's for a girl, it's better to put up a curtain over this contraption because it's quite unattractive.</p>

<p>Each side of the room comes with a bed and mattress, desk with drawers, bookshelf on top of the desk, chair, dresser (with a lockable top-drawer), mirror (above the dresser), towel rack, and closet. There is an overhead light over the main part of the room, a light above each mirror, and another overhead light right by the door. Each side of the room has its own electrical outlets (bring extension cords/power strips), but there's only one cable outlet.</p>