Dorms?

I just got accepted to A&M for the fall of 2017 as an Animal Science major (automatic admission). I plan to get into the Veterinary program. My family thinks it is best that I stay in a dorm my freshman year to get used to the idea, but I would be open to an apartment if it would be better for me. I have a kitten with an emotional support registration, and I’m fairly independent but like being around people. Noise doesn’t really bother me, but I like to keep my room clean. I’m fine with partying, but staying at home is fine as well. I get pretty claustrophobic, so I’d like to live near a cafe or social center of some sort. Any advice to what dorm I should look into? I like the idea of having as little people share as bathroom as possible. Since I get priority housing, which ones are in highest demand? Thanks so much!!

The higher the price, the more popular choice of dorm it is. Popularity is a factor when they changed the dorm pricing - so although a modular is bigger share 2 to a bath vs. commons share 4 to a bath, they are in the same price bracket. Hullabaloo goes very quick, it is one of the newest dorms (the other being white creek apt, but they are not as popular although considered a dorm, they are apartments with full kitchens). I would call to ask about service animals and dorm options - they may limit choices. Having a pet while in the dorms is not a normal thing, I realize it is a registered service animal, however it is something that would also impact roommates.

@bellashea For you emotional support animal, you will need to apply for having an emotional support animal through disability services if you are to live in a dorm or university apartment.
Here is the link for the steps you need to take before you bring your animal to campus next fall. http://disability.tamu.edu/housing.