Duke Class of 2027 Official Thread

Is anyone’s slate still only on completed? We have not moved and surely a decision has been made at this point. Not feeling great about this.

2 Likes

Ours still says complete for a school accepted to REA

1 Like

yeah as of 11 pm 3/22 mine’s on complete

1 Like

Mine is also still on complete. Honestly, I don’t think you can read too much into what it says on Slate. I was just accepted to WashU and it’s still in the “In Progress” column. Plus I have two schools in “Complete” that I have already received decisions from (one accepted, one waitlisted.) I think different schools use and update Slate differently and even within the same school they may be entering things by region, etc. so some may be updated and some not. Duke is my absolute dream school so it’s hard to be patient but not much we can do before decisions come out. Good luck to you!

1 Like

Mine is on decided. It’s been on that since I made an account (2 days ago) and the it says updated 3/22 11:00pm ET
Edit: It also says “current decision” before I click on it.

1 Like

Exactly - except for anyone receiving studentID, the rest is mostly speculation.
Which school at WashU did you apply to? D23 was accepted in Engineering.

Almost the exact same for me (the time listed for mine is 11:08 PM). Does this mean anything?

1 Like

Arts & Sciences

1 Like

No idea!
Edit: Also the time on mine isn’t 11:00pm, it’s 11:09pm

1 Like

Just got an invitation to the Latino Student Recruitment Weekend in April.
The letter states “Naturally inviting you to campus means that we think you’re a very strong candidate for admission”. Your chances of being admitted are excellent.

They dont say I’m in - but it looks encouraging indeed

5 Likes

Congratulations! That’s wonderful - it sounds like a done deal!

2 Likes

I have a feeling I’m going to be sent along the deferred>waitlisted pipeline… does anyone know how many people actually get OFF the waitlist every year? I know some colleges get a significant amount of students in off the waitlist - others literally accept 2 out of several thousand…

1 Like

Just got into Duke through a minority program. Does anyone who got in ED know what’s included in the accepted student package this application cycle? Thanks!

3 Likes

Has anyone received any news about the David M. Rubenstein Scholarship?

Deleted

Hello and congratulations!. My son was accepted to Duke ED. He got a really nice folder in the mail with a printed copy of the acceptance letter that appeared in the portal, some other sheets with information about next steps, a large “congratulations” poster, and a Duke sticker. Then he received an email about a month ago asking his t-shirt size. (Someone earlier in this thread asked if Duke has communicated anything about the dates of the April Blue Devil Days – they have not. They are waiting until RD decisions are out to release the dates of the admitted student on-campus dates.)

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I have two questions.

Is it just me or is everyone not recieving emails from Duke including promotional emails? I didnt even get an email asking me to upload my mid year transcript and it wasnt until i checked that I realized I needed to send it and it was past their “feb 15th” deadline. Will this negatively affect my admissions chances

Thank you!

You are not the only one. I never received anything from Duke!

3 Likes

Oh ok phew! Thank you so much!!

2 Likes

Good luck!

1 Like