Duke Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Duke Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

6 Likes

Did anyone receive an email about the interview?

My daughter received one today

3 Likes

I am a Duke interviewer and received a list of candidates to interview this morning. I just sent each of them an email.

2 Likes

My daughter had an interview recently - interviewer profile matched her interest which was very refreshing! About 45-50 minutes long, fairly casual but a good amount of exchange of ideas & thoughts.

Hello, did your daughter apply before december 20th, 2022 in order to get an interview?

1 Like

Hello, great for your daughter. Did she apply before December 20th to get an interview? I read somewhere on Duke web site that what you should do .

2 Likes

Before December 20.

Would a student without having an intervew get accepted to Duke?

3 Likes

Absolutely! The interviews are really dependent on alumni availability so not getting one if you applied by 12/20 just means not enough alumni interviewers. I also don’t think the interviews carry much weight so applicants should try not to stress over them. I know that mine are very informal and low key- just a get to know you conversation and a chance to ask some questions about Duke.

2 Likes

Thank you!

My daughter applied before December 20 and has not received an interview. Sigh.

1 Like

I wouldn’t give up hope yet. I think interviewers are still getting assigned candidates. Last year I got assigned interviewees all the way into February. That being said, if they don’t get an interview, that absolutely will not negatively impact their candidacy.

2 Likes

To give some insight, my daughter finally finished her application after going over and over her essays at about 11:02 pm on 12/20/21. Thought, she had nearly an hour to spare. When she checked the status a few days later, she noticed it said it was submitted on 12/21. I guess the system was using Eastern time and we’re on central time. She heard nothing for a while and assumed no interview, but then she received an interview request about the first or second week of February and interviewed probably around the middle of the month. She was accepted about 6 weeks later (March 31st I believe), we went to visit on Blue Devil Day and she fell in love with the campus and now she is very happily a Duke freshman. So, I don’t think the date is a hard and fast cutoff and January 31st isnt too late for an interview. But I also think not having an interview doesn’t necessarily hurt chances, it is just a piece of the overall puzzle. My daughter was accepted to schools she had interviews with and accepted to schools she didn’t have interviews with (where interviews were an option). Good luck!

3 Likes

Just got an interview today.

2 Likes

When did you submit app?

My son was deferred ED and never received an interview will they consider him for an interview for RD?

I doubt it, but you could always call the Admissions Office to ask for one. Just understand that there are a lot more RD applicants than ED applicants. There are no longer enough alums to interview all of the RD applicants given the huge number of applications they are now receiving.

The fact that your son was not interviewed will not impact his application negatively.

My daughter received the email for an interview in late January. She was interviewed a few days later (last week).

2 Likes

Email came out last Wednesday saying notifications for Robertson interviews would be coming out starting this weekend. Anyone heard anything?

1 Like