Early Decision and Automatic Merit

I have been looking for a list of colleges who give merit scholarship guarantees with early decision. I have seen that St Olaf provides a minimum of $20k for early decision admittees and Grinnell provides a $10k guarantee. Outside of the other schools with auto-merit for any admissions, is there a list of schools with guaranteed merit specifically targeted for ED admittees? It seems that RD and EA routes are the best to shop for merit, but if there is a good fit with a guarantee in the ED round, it would be nice to target such an option. We are not financial aid eligible, so ED is otherwise presumably full sticker price.

1 Like

Your student can ask the schools of interest if they will do a pre-read merit review prior to applying ED. There are schools that will say yes and they may not advertise it. I would think it would make the most sense to have your child contact the area admissions rep with this question.

It is good to see all the info on pre-reads. One other school to add to the list of schools providing guaranteed merit with ED admission is Centre College which provide a $5k scholarship which is stackable with other merit.

That post is editable. You can do that by clicking the link.

1 Like