ESPN will broadcast SportsCenter from Tuscaloosa starting at 10 am CST FRIDAY...TODAY!

<p>For the first time ever, ESPN has decided to broadcast SportsCenter from outside of Bryant-Denny</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>Jonathan Whyley, the coordinating producer of the sports network’s flagship news show, said this is the first football season SportsCenter has taken its entire set on the road. He said the road show is an effort to give fans a more authentic feel of being at a game while watching from home.</p>

<p>“Anytime we can go on site, we feel like there’s an energy in the passion of the fans. It’s something that the viewers want to see, and it’s something we want to give them,” Whyley said. “There’s nothing like a crowd in the SEC on a Saturday morning. We love it.”</p>

<p>Whyley said ESPN chose to bring SportsCenter to Tuscaloosa this week because of the importance of the game between the top-ranked Bulldogs and the Tide. He said the winner will likely have the inside track to making college football’s first-ever playoff in January.</p>

<p>“We thought this was a game we had to be at,” he said. “We’ve sent all of our facilities to ensure that we encapsulate and just own the day on Friday and Saturday.”</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>How did I know I would see M2CK on this thread? Lucky guess! Please do not spend the night in freezing temperatures waiting in line for seats. Hey M2CK, wear something RED so we can recognize you on-camera; wait a minute…</p>

<p>I’ll bet a little competition with the SEC Network also came into play.</p>

<p>How exciting! Thank you mom2ck for letting us know (I’m taping it now)! I know my son (in MDB marching band) said some of the band members may be asked to play (in the background?). If so, I believe it will be at the 7am ESPN show </p>

<p>For those who doubt you need a coat in the South, take note of LakeWashington’s point: it is forecast to be well below freezing tonight…but warm up to ~mid 50s Saturday. Perfect football weather.</p>

<p>We will be watching the de facto championship game! RTR!!</p>