Fall 2015 Transfer

I currently go to Marymount University and have a 3.5 GPA. I didn’t do that well in high school and finished with a GPA around 2.8, even though I took AP classes. I am looking to transfer for the Fall of 2015. I am currently behind in the math and science requirements to transfer. However, I am thinking about fulfilling those last two classes this summer. I also wanted to know if Tech requires SAT scores as a transfer student or if it’s just my high school transcript. What are my chances of getting in?

This is a small thing but my personal statement is 277 words. I know they ask for ~250 but is that something I should be worried about or change.

I’m looking to transfer as a Public Relations major.

They will only be focused on your Marymount transcript and a 3.5 is great! They actually do not even require that you send the HS transcript until you enroll (when you accept your spot). You can put on your application that you are taking those needed requirements in summer. But you then have to actually take them. They will follow up and want to see your final transcript from Marymount and will rescind if you don’t actually take the classes that are required. You do not have to send SAT scores as a transfer either. The transfer application actually has 3 essay questions and each are 250 words. The prompts are why do you want to transfer? I can’t remember the other one, and then "what have you done since HS basically (non-academically, like work). I think you have a very good chance of being accepted :). Oh, and if you took any college classes anywhere else, including a community college, then you need to send them that transcript as well as Marymount transcript. Good luck!

Oops, I told you the wrong information about the High School transcript! You DO need to send it, but they are only looking at it to make sure you had all needed units of English, Math, etc. They really are going to focus on your college GPA.

Thank you so much! I sent in everything and I just have to keeping up how well I did last semester and hopefully I get admitted.

I have a 4.0 at 17 credits, but I’m missing a math course. I couldn’t make it to the placement test, out of the country. I have 18 credits in progress now, and another 16 planned for the summer. Will it be that big of a deal? Transfer from NVCC

HIS 101 A
ITE 115 A
BUS 100 A
ECO 201 A
GER 101 A * required for UVA GAA

In progress
ECO 202
BIO 101
ENG 111
ACC 211
ART 101

Planned