Family Weekend - Where Are the CCers Staying?

<p>Who is going to be at the Microtel with Txdoula and me? </p>

<p>We plan to drink in the hotel lobby after the football game if anyone wants to join us.</p>

<p>^^^
Does Microtel have a bar?</p>

<p>Nope! We have txbamamom and her margarita machine! ;)</p>

<p>We are staying at Hotel Capstone.</p>

<p>I think y’all should just choose a bar to meet at.</p>

<p>Hoover. We’re cheap.</p>

<p>bring a blender!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Condo behind Bryant-Denny :)<br>
Safer to walk than drive after txbamamama’s margritas that I hope to taste</p>

<p>At the Ramada Inn. :eek: I have seen mixed reviews on various travel sites. It’s definitely not one of the hotels where we normally stay - but at least its not in Bessemer! </p>

<p>We aren’t planning to spend much time in the room since we are having a family reunion. DS who is a senior at Miami (OH) is also coming down to see some “real” football - as well as his sister!</p>

<p>We are at the Hampton in BHM… didn’t move fast enough for the one on Harper Lee.</p>

<p>I think we will just go to TxNCM’s Condo… <grin></grin></p>

<p>Great idea, rolltide90! I’ll see you there.</p>

<p>There are actually rooms available at the Fairfield Tuscaloosa, for 349. That’s what we’re paying at the Hampton Harper Lee, but it’s a much nicer hotel, better breakfast.</p>

<p>There are rooms available at the Fairfield in Bessemer for 159, for those of you wanting to stay a little closer than Hoover or Birmingham and still have time to cancel and get a refund.</p>

<p>Hampton Harper Lee has a one month cancellation policy, so I didn’t even check availability there, but if you want to pay that price and you have a choice, I’d do the Hampton over the Fairfield, but both are good hotels. </p>

<p>The Courtyard Tuscaloosa also have rooms available, but those are going for 449/night!</p>

<p>I’m putting up four boys in a hotel walking distance to their music festival and, although it’s still high, 300/night, it’s cheaper than my gameday hotel!</p>

<p>You know what they say, location, location, location.</p>

<p>We are paying $61 in Hoover. </p>

<p>I can buy a lot of BAMA swag with the difference…</p>

<p>Paying $0. We drive there and back home. Only 2.5 hours each way. Or we stay with our son in Birmingham. :D</p>

<p>Amen, Southlander! 68 miles, 75 minutes, one way.</p>

<p>We are at the Greystone Inn in Vance (where Mercedes plant is located) …$68/ night and a lot closer than Hoover…We stayed there for move in weekend and we liked it.</p>

<p>Mmmmm, I can smell Tuscaloosa. :slight_smile:
Get to see my baby in 30 minutes. If I said I have not been anxious since yesterday is be lying. </p>

<p>Guess I’ll see all my favorite CC Bama people soon :slight_smile:
I should have not done a rental car then I could sell the parking spaces we have.</p>

<p>Some of us have to fly, rent a car AND get a hotel. Sigh.</p>

<p>Twomutts, there are at least 3 CCers I know that are staying at the Greystone. You all will have a blast.</p>

<p>Well, stopped on 20 :frowning:
Hope whatever this is will be clear tomorrow and Saturday. It’s way backed up!
So, plan accordingly. </p>

<p>Traffic map is saying we are 17 miles and 40 min from Tuscaloosa :(</p>

<p>Y’all have a safe drive. Hope to see everyone this weekend!</p>