Female Junior from NJ looking for more matches to add to my college list

Rutgers living in campus might be too expensive. My high stats son got no merit for pharmacy so I assume it’s competitive (this was for fall 2018).

1 Like

Rutgers is very frugal with merit, it’s a very competitive major, but it appears they give financial aid. Living off campus can definitely save money, depending on the living situation.

XULA (Xavier University of Louisiana) has a terrific pre-pharmacy/pharmacy program. Would be a safety for you.

1 Like

Xavier does have an excellent pharmacy program (and general pre-health anything)! Unfortunately, however, I don’t think Xavier will provide sufficient financial aid for an EFC between $2-4k.

My experience with Xavier is that they love kids from the Northeast and are trying to get more of them to enroll there. As a result, I’ve seen unexpectedly higher merit wards than that same student would have received from schools closer to home in the Northeast.

Just my limited experience.

Xavier’s Board of Trustees scholarship does offer a full ride. The Presidential Scholarship covers tuition & fees, which could maybe work if Xavier would allow the Pell to apply toward room & board (and not have it reduce the tuition & fees award), and OP took out a loan, and had the family contribution of $2-4k.

https://www.xula.edu/academic-scholarships/index.html

Xavier really is an awesome option if you’re interested, though. Definitely worth checking out.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.