Financial Aid Email

<p>Did any accepted students receive an email regarding Financial Aid today? The email is about A&M checking to see if I have been to class or something like that. Some SAP thing. The email is pretty long, I'll type it out if needed. "Scholarships & Financial Aid will send emails to instructors seeking the last date of class attendance/participation record for students...Instructors may reference attendance records, graded assignments, quizzes, exams or papers to confirm the student began attendance..If we do not receive confirmation of beginning attendance...we are required to adjust financial aid". </p>

<p>Am I supposed to tell me CURRENT professors this...? How will A&M know my professors information?</p>

<p>any insight on this would be appreciated!</p>

<p>No idea about this. I haven’t heard anything from FinAid yet. What does the SAP mean?</p>

<p>satisfactory academic progress i think</p>

<p>Oh yeah, that’s right. SAP is for when you enroll and start at TAMU. They will email your professors or will have you get something from them that says you are attending class. At TAMU, from what I’ve been told at least, they don’t physically take attendance for class. I know at Blinn they require professors to take attendance. So the SAP would be for while you are at TAMU to ensure that you are going to class and that your financial aid money isn’t being wasted.</p>