For those who were asking about theatre opps for non-majors

<p>[University</a> of Alabama News COE Does ART Presents ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’](<a href=“http://uanews.ua.edu/2011/04/coe-does-art-presents-joseph-and-the-amazing-technicolor-dreamcoat/]University”>http://uanews.ua.edu/2011/04/coe-does-art-presents-joseph-and-the-amazing-technicolor-dreamcoat/)</p>

<p>Performances will be Friday and Saturday, April 15-16 and April 29-30, at 7 pm. in H.M. Comer, room 126. Tickets can be purchased for $5 at the door.</p>

<p>Although this is College of Engineering, they let any major participate. My son who is a math major was in a few of these performances. </p>

<p>ART is an acronym for Amateur Radical Theatre</p>

<p>**
COE Does ART Presents ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’**
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat</p>

<p>TUSCALOOSA. Ala. – Dreaming of amazing, technicolor entertainment? The University of Alabama’s College of Engineering Does Amateur Radical Theatre will stage “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” on two separate performance weekends.</p>

<p>“Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” is a pop cantata written by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice. The play is based on the Biblical story of Joseph and the “coat of many colors.”</p>

<p>Woven with colorful songs and costumes, this play follows Joseph on his journey of jealousy, deception, fate and atonement.</p>

<p>COE Does ART provides engineering students the opportunity to display their talents in a way that might not otherwise be available.</p>

<p>Many of the students have been so focused on academics throughout their school careers they have not had such an opportunity before. For these engineering students, talents are pursued and developed, both in and out of the lab.</p>

<p>~snipped~</p>

<p>Ummm actually, COE does ART is performing Godspell. So yeah…
Here is the facebook event link: [Login</a> | Facebook](<a href=“Redirecting...”>Redirecting...)
Don’t really know what to say about that article. Clearly they didn’t get the correct play LOL!!!</p>

<p>LOL…well, it wouldn’t be the first time a newspaper got the story wrong. I wonder if they’ll do a correction?</p>

<p>LOL</p>

<p>m2ck, I was the one who posted the thread asking about that, so thank you for the (slightly incorrect) article. My roommate and I – although we’re both non-engineer majors – are really excited to try out for some COE does ART performances now. :)</p>

<p>GODSPELL…Dream Coat…easily confused, LOL.</p>

<p>Either one would be appropriate for this time of year. Both have some really cool music.</p>

<p>My favorite high school / college musical (actually, my favorite musical, period) is Guys and Dolls. Every college seems to do it at one point or another. When UA does it, I’ll be there in the audience with bells on, singing along with “Adelaide’s Lament,” LOL. (J/K/)</p>

<p>My son mentioned just today (as a result of GOB Day), that A.R.T. is starting up for the year. They are planning to do a reprise of the hysterically funny “The Complete Works of William Shakespeare Unabridged.” While this group started with engineering students interested in performing theatre, I believe that other non-theatre-majors can join if they are keen. Ask around campus for more info.</p>

<p>Yes, all majors are welcome to participate.</p>

<p>CONTACT: Mary Wymer, engineering public relations, 205/348-6444, <a href=“mailto:mwymer@eng.ua.edu”>mwymer@eng.ua.edu</a></p>