Freshman CS

<p>Since, I am going to the first engineering session, I have lots of chance to get the courses I want to take. So, as a CS major should I take the intro to problem in CS first or the data structures course. Also, when do I get to sign up for Spring courses?</p>

<p>Spring course request sheets are completed the end of October. You find out what you got around the end of November / early December. </p>

<p>Also does anyone know if any freshman actually take the 1st year CS seminar class during fall to get it over with?</p>

<p>Don’t wed yourself to a specific list of courses as you may not get them all due to course time conflicts etc. Try either of those two CS classes and see what happens. Son #1 took the CS seminar in Spring of first year but Son #2 couldn’t fit it in and will take it Fall of second year. It’s only one hour so it’s not a big deal whenever you take it. Some might even postpone it until Spring of second year.</p>

<p>…People actually procrastinate for years on going to a 1 hour seminar? </p>

<p>The name ‘Freshman Seminar’ is actually a bit disingenuous. </p>

<p>Most people take that class as Sophomores. I highly doubt a Fall General Engineering Freshman would get into that class. </p>

<p>Given that there is space, do you think taking intro to problem solving is better than taking CS 2114 first because it is easier? Can anyone tell me how hard is CS 2114? Apparently, we need to developing an android game and all that and I don’t know anything about developing android games, although I am proficient with Java. I saw a few examples online and those games are really cool and pretty sure they are complicated to make as well. Also, does Sofia make it a lot easier or something.</p>