Freshman English and Law School

<p>I have 4 on AP English, so I would think I can get a college credit for it, but I want to go to Law School upon graduation. Do you think I need to take colege English because I want to go to Law School?</p>

<p>Thank you</p>

<p>Actually good question…anyone know if this applies with a math credit and med school?</p>

<p>Law schools care about two things (in this order):</p>

<ol>
<li>Your LSAT</li>
<li>Your GPA</li>
</ol>

<p>That’s it. There may be some small sway from extracurriculars or by majoring in engineering or a science, but for the most part, law schools are really only interested in the two criteria above. What this means is that they don’t care that you were able to place out of freshman English.</p>

<p>There is a great thread on law here:
[Lawyer</a> & Law School Megathread #11: Go to Valpo, dine on Alpo - The Something Awful Forums](<a href=“The Something Awful Forums”>The Something Awful Forums)</p>

<p>Oh man, that SA thread is epic. I think I’ve read at least 100 pages of it.</p>

<p>Really make sure you’re up for law school. There are a few classes that <em>sort of</em> simulate the law school feel at Tech, and the one I’d recommend is the COS 4984 Patents+Intellectual Property one (taught by Mr. Muller)</p>

<p>Though it’s pass fail and a take-home final is the only grade, you’ll still be able to really ask yourself if you would have done well in several classes like that. For many law school classes, all you get is the final exam; maybe a midterm too.</p>

<p>Read the SA thread over and over. It’s harsh, but deservedly so.</p>

<p>As brief as possible: Med school + math AP is okay, most usually retake it anyway but in general med schools will accept the AP credit without questioning it (or else they will simply require you to take an upperlevel math course to supplement, you must check school by school - some don’t even require math creds). What they don’t like are science AP credits.</p>

<p>Kk, thanks for the advice!</p>