Full Moon BBQ Reopens Today after Tornado Destroyed It.! Hurray!

<p>It has been rebuilt across the street from its former location. The destroyed building was literally just rubble after the Tornado hit it. The people inside were saved by going into the large fridge. </p>

<p>[Full</a> Moon Bar-B-Que to reopen Tuesday | TuscaloosaNews.com](<a href=“http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20120730/NEWS/120739992?tc=cr]Full”>http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20120730/NEWS/120739992?tc=cr)</p>

<p>Full Moon Bar-B-Que is reopening to the public on Tuesday, more than a year after it was destroyed in the April, 27, 2011 tornado. Glad to see that it will be much larger than the original…about 40% bigger…and MUCH more attractive…lol.</p>

<p>Photo Galleries</p>

<p>Full Moon gets ready to reopen</p>

<p>The restaurant, near the corner of 15th Street and McFarland Boulevard, will replace the Wood Square shopping center location that was destroyed by the storm.</p>

<p>The new restaurant is in a 5,000-square-foot building, which will be about 1,700 square feet larger than the one formerly in Wood Square.</p>

<p>Beginning last August, Full Moon offered takeout and catering from a temporary location at 2231 Veterans Memorial Parkway while they worked to build a permanent home for the barbecue restaurant. The owners broke ground on the McFarland Boulevard location in February.</p>

<p>Hooray! Have some wonderful memories of meeting some fabulous CC families there during drop off for Bama Bound two years ago. In the meantime, we’ve been enjoying the Bama artwork at the local Taco Casa’s during our visits to Ttown.</p>

<p>Ok, I’m new to all this. How does Full Moon stack up to Dreamland?</p>

<p>You may have had Full Moon BBQ during some events at Bama, as their catering business has still been going strong. I believe they cater the Parents Weekend Tailgate. I can tell you one thing they have that Dreamland doesn’t: their half moon cookies. Chocolate chip cookies dipped halfway in fudge. They are sold in half dozen packs, and the packs have yet to make them home intact.</p>

<p>Our family prefers Full Moon over Dreamland, but we prefer a sweeter sauce over the vinegary sauce of Dreamland. </p>

<p>Full Moon also has a wider variety of menu items and tasty desserts. </p>

<p>I know where we’ll be eating lunch next trip to T-town!</p>

<p>(I watched them paint the Full Moon signs a few weeks ago…it was a good sign that the place would soon be opening! :slight_smile: )</p>

<p>^^ since DS is an incoming freshman, I haven’t had any Bama catering. Those cookies sound great, but I can get stuff like that back home. How is the BBQ? I have been to Dreamland (twice), so I have a point of reference.</p>

<p>Guess I’ll just have to try both during move in.</p>

<p>^^^Sounds like a good idea to me!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I also prefer Full Moon over Dreamland but will eat either in a pinch :slight_smile: FullMoon is definitely sweeter with a more sticky sauce (more like Northerners expect). Dreamland is dryer with a drizzle of a vinegar sauce. I also tend to think that Full Moon is less chewy. Full Moon has good side dishes as well. Dreamland has limited sides dish offerings. When it comes down to it they are both good, but different. It is more of a personal food choice.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Yes, Full Moon has more side dishes. Looking forward to trying their Collard Greens which I hear are very good.</p>

<p>I agree that Full Moon BBQ is less chewy…more moist, “fall off the bone” style. </p>

<p>If you click on the additional pics in the first link, it mentions that only a very small number of Bama memorabilia (that adorned the restaurant) survived the tornade - but one thing did make it…Joe Namath’s jersey. </p>

<p>The new restaurant looks very attractive inside.</p>

<p>^^^Yea! Loved Joe Namath growing up, and what a thrill it was to see his jersey on the wall there, not to mention his imprint at Denny Chimes!</p>

<p>^ he’s kinda famous here in NY</p>

<p>CC posters on the UA forum are the best - what other group on CC is so generous with advice and recommendations? Thanks for sharing, guys (and gals). </p>

<p>Full Moon is definitely going on the To Do list for the next trip down to T-Town. You all make it sound so good!</p>

<p>I like Full Moon and like Montegut: good, good memories!</p>

<p>Son likes Dreamland - roll tide</p>

<p>^^^Yep, start of a very good friendship. Full Moon will always hold a special place in my heart. Who would think that I’d make some good friends from California (I’m from Louisiana) at a barbecue place in Alabama?</p>

<p>Ain’t it great? Roll tide!</p>

<p>Looking forward to some yummy food!!</p>

<p>So true Montegut - nothing like sharing a wonderful experience like UA move-in excitement with nice people and now long distance friends over a plate of good food.</p>

<p>^^^And the kids hit it off really well, too! We will have to have a reunion senior year!</p>