Game day arrival time?

<p>What time do fans start arriving on Game day? I am just wondering what time we need to be on campus.</p>

<p>Midnight the night before. :slight_smile: </p>

<p>I’d be there at least 2 hours early to gather in all of the excitement going on with the band, on the quad, etc.</p>

<p>Saturday 9/21
7:00 a.m.
Public parking lots open and Crimson Ride shuttle begins
7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Quad drop off
Moore Hall & Little Hall drop off
2:00 p.m.
Will call open - Gate 32
3:00 p.m.
Campus roadblocks enforced
Kickoff on the Quad
Food and beverage vendors located on the east side of the Quad
Rowing team autograph session
Autograph tent is located on the SE portion of the Quad
4:00 p.m.
Walk of Champions at Bryant-Denny Stadium
Gates open at Bryant-Denny Stadium
4:15 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Women’s tennis autograph session
Autograph tent is located on the SE portion of the Quad
4:30 p.m.
Family Weekend Tailgate (Ticket required
Located at Presidential Park
5:00 p.m.
Elephant Stomp at Gorgas Library steps
6:00 p.m.
Kickoff vs. Colorado State</p>

<p>Some of the tailgaters arrive the day before. lol</p>

<p>Everyone else arrives throughout the morning/day. There will be people walking around the Quad as early as 8 am or earlier.</p>

<p>I know we are going to get there early, just couldn’t decide if I wanted to get a parking pass or risk being able to get into the public lots on campus. Decided to go ahead and just get the pass, worth the extra $5 to know I have a spot.</p>

<p>If I didn’t have to listen to my whiney husband, I’d arrive in the stadium at least 1 hour in advance…on the Quad at least 2 hours in advance (or more)…in town at least 3 to 4 hours in advance.
I’d love to do the Elephant Stomp but I’m so short I’d see nothing but other fans’ hineys.</p>

<p>Southlander, we should ditch our husbands to hang out together while we wander off to see all of the pre-game excitement. Mine likes to get there “just in time”.</p>

<p>If you get there “just in time” you miss all the fun stuff on the Quad, the crazy fans, eating lunch (or dinner) at the sorority house, seeing the videos on the big screens in the stadium, admiring the sorority girls’ outfits (or lack), crazier fans displaying their tattoos, awesome tailgate grills…there’s just so much more to an Alabama football game than the game!</p>

<p>Husband is currently saying that because it’s supposed to rain, and it’s a night game, and it’s a poor opponent, that we might not go.
I will be disabusing him of that notion tonight.;)</p>

<p>Wow, Class2012 mom, where did you get that schedule?</p>

<p>I believe the Parent Weekend Tailgate starts at 3:30, but I will check when I get there Friday.</p>

<p>Does anyone know what time the band starts practicing at Butler Field? I want to make sure I get there in time for that.</p>

<p>What time does the Medical Center parking lot open? I bought a Gameday Pass at Lot B, formerly medical center parking lot, and hope the lot is open early enough for us to watch the band practice.</p>

<p>The band itinerary for Saturday has not been posted yet. They usually practice in the morning but with it being a night game, no one is sure. I’ll post it on here when DD finds out. It’s also Alumni Weekend for MDB so they will be doing a somewhat shortened show.</p>

<p>Thank you! So glad to hear it’s Alumni Weekend for the band. I believe it was last year. There were a lot of band alums at the Parents Weekend game and they participated in the practice and the show. We really enjoyed that. And we loved the performance on the Old Quad. Really hope they do that again! Looking forward to hearing about the band practice!</p>

<p>The schedule came in an email from UA Gameday.</p>

<p>Missread, my band mom friend tells me she is attending a Friday night show. Maybe other parents would like to attend that? If you know the details, you could post them. I just know that it’s other bands as well as the MDB.</p>

<p>Yes, it was the same weekend last year! Love the Old Quad pep rally but practice, Old Quad, Elephant Stomp at Gorgas, marching to stadium and the game made for a pretty tired daughter. :slight_smile: We still haven’t decided if we will come over on Sat. to watch practice and visit with D at a tailgate with friends. We could be home in time to watch pre-game on tidetv.com!</p>

<p>Missread, I will be watching band practice with my friends. You NEED to come over and hang with us. We are fun.</p>

<p>I know 2012! I might drive over for a couple of hours even if DH and DS decide to stay home. Yes, there is a Spectrum concert on Friday night. Anyone in town on Friday night should go to this concert! ALL types of music and choral performances and a special treat from the MDB and it’s FREE! It will be in the Moody Music building and starts at 7:30. Be there early to get a good seat! We would be coming to that but DS has a high school band performance (a.k.a. football game) at the same time.</p>

<p>Some info here: [UA</a> Gameday](<a href=“http://uagameday.com/football/index.php]UA”>http://uagameday.com/football/index.php)</p>

<p>If you’re in a motorhome, plan to arrive Tuesday evening.:D</p>

<p>@Montegut- I got a Lot B pass also, I was told they opened at 7am.</p>

<p>If they open at 7, do the buses start running then too???</p>

<p>On the ua game day site it says the shuttle service to the quad begins at 7am. Service to the stadium begins 3 hours before game time.</p>