Gap year?

Hi does anyone at Texas A&M ever took a gap year during college? If so, can anyone tell their experience and realized if it was worth it or not? Also does anyone know how to “apply” for gap year during college such as telling your advisor? I feel I plan to do so, but I am not sure if it is worth it.

@SkyAshes80 Gap years are a year taken between high school graduation and starting college the following year. A&M though, does not offer a Gap Year Program.

Looking at your prior posts, you are an existing student so a gap year won’t apply for you. If you are talking about not returning in the fall, you can certainly do that. In order to return, you would have to apply for readmission. http://admissions.tamu.edu/other/readmit

You should definitely email your advisor or go meet with them on campus before fall, to see if there is anything required for you to do. If you are already registered for next fall, you will need to take care of un enrolling and perhaps some things in the bursars office, any housing, etc.

Last fall, there were 337 remit admissions and this spring there were 191. That is at College Station, undergraduate, all majors.

So could it be difficult to be readmitted?

What is your plan? Why are you calling it a gap year? Is there any financial or medical aspect?

I feel I need at least a year off to decide more on what my future career would be like before I would take up more credits at Texas A&M that do not have classes I need or actually desire. I also take into account whether I wish to be part of the medical field such as nursing and physician assistant. Moreover, I wish to volunteer or shadow in many fields that interested me and see if I really do like those fields or not. Although I still do not know what would be my tuition pay be like if I get readmmited. Will it be the same as my locked rate tuition before or will it be the tuition of the year I come back?

@SkyAshes80 like Thelma said, a Gap year is only the year after high school graduation.
Have you discussed this with an advisor?

@SkyAshes80
You need to talk with an advisor. Every university is different and the reasons for the withdraw can affect aspects of returning, financials etc. Every circumstance is different.

Readmission to any major is competitive. Just like transfers.

If you do apply for readmission, you might want to have some back up schools also for the intended major, so all of your eggs are not in the same basket.

What classification are you? Have you taken nursing pre recqs?