General Engineering Applicants

I’ve messaged this to a few of you, but I might as well post it here. Too many of you with high MCAs haven’t heard anything yet. In fact, no in state GE decisions have posted here. I have a theory about this too. Maybe @Gumbymom can chime in with her thoughts. Here goes.

GE is the only engineering major I’ve ever seen someone get into as their second choice. My guess is that they are wrapping up all of the first round of the other engineering majors to see if they have the need and capacity to offer GE as a second choice. Once they sort that out, I think decisions for GEs will start to drop. It’s just a guess, but again, I’d have a hard time believing that students with those MCAs (assuming no errors in the application) would get denied or even waitlisted for GE (for any engineering major save CS for that matter).

I know it must be hard, but be patient. Good luck!

I know last year, several Engineering applicants that were not accepted into their 1st choice were admitted with their alternate major but not in General Engineering nor another Engineering major but an alternate major in one of the other colleges.

Regarding no acceptances for General Engineering as of yet, not sure what to make of the current situation sorry.