George W. Jenkins Scholarship

Hi! I’m creating this thread because I know that when I was looking for info on this scholarship, I couldn’t find any! Any forums about the scholarship are so old. So here’s some updated information about it! I am excited to announce that I have been designated one of the George W. Jenkins Scholars for this year! You can find general info about the scholarship on the website. Back in December, I had already applied for Miami and I found this scholarship. It was a full ride and that sounded more than great for a school like Miami. So I applied and did everything I was supposed to do. Just a little background, my UWGPA is 3.78, WGPA is 4.5 and my ACT score was 30. For FAFSA purposes, I’m an independent(because I’m in a guardianship). This means my family contribution is $0! I had absolutely no money to go to college. In my essay, I wrote about my father’s death and my mother’s alcoholism. Also, my dad’s fav sport team was Miami! Anyways, I received my early action acceptance to Miami in February. And then I waited. and waited. Finally, on the 17th of April my guidance counselor called to tell me I received the scholarship! What an amazing opportunity. I truly encourage anybody interested in this scholarship to apply! It’s an amazing thing and it really proves that going through adversity pays off in the end.

Also, this scholarship includes tuition, room and board, a new computer, STUDY ABROAD, a $4100 stipend a year, and much more!