Getting Accepted

<p>I am currently a senior in high school, I will be applying to Texas A&M within the month and I want to know my chances of being admitted. My GPA is a 3.85 and I am ranked 70 out of about 500 students, roughly top 14% I believe. I am applying in the time frame of early applications and by then I will have received 30 college credit hours and I will have 39 by the time next fall comes around because I will be taking more classes over this next summer at my local community college, I'm not sure if that will help with anything. I also have somewhere between 50-70 community service projects I have contributed too along with one job I am employed at, plus all three essays submitted and 4 letters of recommendation. My SAT (which I will take one more time) scores are broken down into
Math- 520
Reading-510
Writing-510
Essay-9</p>

<p>So I don't have great scores, and I'm not in the automatic top 10%. What are my chances of being a reviewed admit and getting into Texas A&M? How about the Gateway program, how are my chances for that? And then Blinn, with all my college hours already collected, how long might I have to stay there? I know the usual is about 1-2 years, but because of my hours will I be able to maybe do just one semester before transferring? And last, is there anything else I can do to increase my chances of getting accepted?</p>

<p>What’s your college GPA? What is your major? You might want to also sign up to take the ACT to see if you can qualify for auto admit since you’re in the top 25%. Review admit wise, it’ll be tough with a lower end SAT score - hopefully you can bring up your M + CR scores. Good luck!</p>

<p>4.22 College GPA, and Biomedical Science. I thought about the ACT, but the only time to take it will be after the early admissions deadline.</p>

<p>There’s no early admissions deadline. It’s rolling admissions at this school from Aug 1 - Dec1. So you have til Dec 1st to turn in scores. Pay the last minute fees & take the ACT since you are currently a review admit BUT could become an auto admit with a higher score. Your GPA will certainly help with review admit , but I think you’re quoting weighted HS gpa _ college can’t be above 4.0. I believe BIMS is the major that doesn’t fill up as quickly ( but I’m sure someone on here knows for sure) so that’s a good thing :)</p>