GPA Calculation

Hello -
My DD is in Senior year at HS. She has the following Percentile and GPAs in the 2 High schools she went to -
Freshman - 91.5 (UW), 90.5 (W)
Sophomore - 3.56 (UW) - She tooks 2 Honors
Junior - 3.62 (UW) - She took 2 Honors

How can I calculate the GPA to be reported in her resume? and to be posted on various scholorship sites?

Thank you

Does the school with percentile grading have equivalency ranges for A, B, C, D, F letter grades?

If so, convert all percentile grades to letter grades. To calculate unweighted GPA, count each semester grade as A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, F=0 and add all of them together. Then divide by the number of grades. Courses whose grades should be counted include all academic courses (English, math, history, social studies, foreign language, science, usually visual and performing arts) but usually not health and physical education activities.

If a specific college or scholarship specifies a weighted GPA, follow its instructions on how to do the weighting.

You have first year reversed.

Agreed for unweighted - convert A to 4, B to 3 etc

I would ask the guidance counselor how the cumulative GPA will appear on the transcript.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.