Grad School or Second Bachelor's in Journalism for an English Major?

<p>First, a bit of history. I graduated from Appalachian State University in Spring 2008 with a BA in English Literature. My minor was in Communication, which was the closest I could get to a journalism minor. I loved my program and graduated with an OK GPA (~3.5). However, I had no definite direction for my future and the English program/my advisor didn't stress the importance of internships and other paths I could've involved myself with. I was too busy with extracurriculars to notice or care. Furthermore, I didn't realize the importance of letters of recommendation and didn't have a single one written for me.<br>
I find myself now two and a half years later, with an unused English Literature major and no real plan as to how to utilize it. Over that time, I've toyed with two main ideas:
a) pursuing a second bachelor's degree in print journalism to give me an avenue with which to complete some of the things I missed (internship, a program that has a specific focus on delivering experience applicable in the professional world) during my first go round. Certain friends of mine think I should skip this step and move on to my second idea,
b) grad school. But getting into a decent grad program without letters of recommendation seems impossible. Is it out of line to write my previous professors and ask for this? I have a feeling I would have to send them writing samples just so they'd remember me. Have I missed my letter of recommendation window? Also, I don't want to enter a grad program feeling as though I've missed something, i.e. the internship experience and coursework I could've received in a different undergrad program.
Any advice?</p>

<p>Why would you get a second bachelor’s in journalism? What a waste that would be.</p>

<p>I’m in a graduate journalism program right now (a very good one, at that) and I’d say 90% of my peers do NOT have journalism backgrounds. I do, but I’m the minority in that. It’s not a requirement for admission at the best schools and in a lot of cases, if you’ve been out of the university setting for several years, your recommendation letters need not be academic.</p>