Graduate School Application

Can anyone provides me any comments on the materials applying to BME graduate schools? I’m not sure if experiences like volunteering/hospital shadowing are considered as important as undergrad application.

I’ve heard engineering grad schools only care about GPA and research experiences.

My understanding is that experience is important if it is relevant to your intended major. This is not necessarily limited to research.

On the other hand, I am wondering what is “research” anyway. I have done quite a bit that someone might call “research”. However, it mostly came down to solving a problem, then solving another problem, then repeat. Convincing people either that the problem was worth solving or to solve it in a particular way comes up quite a bit. Watching something happen in not quite the way that you expected or had hoped for and trying to figure out why comes up quite a bit.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.