Great instituion

<p>Many people may be considering Loyola, but they might think, " oh, this school isnt top 10, I dont think its very good for me..." Wrong. I want to tell all of you how I turned down Northwestern and U Chicago for Loyola. The people there are amazing. The classes are amazing. the reason why people dont know the university is because it had very bad administration few years prior, and because of this, they were really affected. Now they have changed professors, new buildings, dorms, not to mention 95% of students recieve some type of scholarship. Im pre-med, I graduated top 10 of my class, I had a 93% gpa (equivalent to a 4.0). I got accepted into two Ivy Leagues, Cornell and Darthmouth. THe thing is, believe it or not, UNDERGRADUATE IS NOT THAT IMPORTANT. many wine, complain, and even cry when they dont get into their choices, but face it, you will meet very competent people form every university. I am A second year at Loyola, I put in good effort, and now I have a 4.0, im a top student, I have a job, and im not so stressed. If you are interested in schools in chicago, consider this one> visit it. Its worth your time, and dont make your decision based on websites. they make their decision on the amount of money the university recieves...not the competence of teachers, or the level of a jesuit education.</p>

<p>This might be a dumb question, but does religion play a big part in the university? Do you have to be Catholic or Jesuit to attend?</p>

<p>You do not have to be Catholic. No one instructs you to pray before every class or meal. Religion is kept at an arm's length away, but is in very accessible. There are numerous opportunities to be reminded of your faith and to be active in your faith on campus. Many organizations will include a faith-related aspect to their mission.
Classes may discuss ethics, social justice, moral good in relation to the topic, but these are hardly led or dominated by a Catholic focus. The point is that college isn't a place of learning, it is a learning environment. Many colleges aim to achieve that in their own way.</p>

<p>No religion unless you want it part of your life. The idea of Loyola is to make you a well rounded person, in all subjects and academic areas. They want you to look strong for graduate school.</p>

<p>how soon do you typically hear back after applying?</p>