GW Elliott School, NYU CAS and Wesleyan

My son is doing his revisits at three schools to which he was fortunate enough to be accepted: Wesleyan University, NYU College of Arts and Sciences, and the George Washington University Elliott School of International Affairs. He is interested in astronomy, economics and international relations (not fully decided, and I suspect he will not be fully decided by May 1). He had originally leaned toward NYU because of the New York City campus and access to internships and international campuses, but was pleasantly surprised to be admitted to Wesleyan and is also intrigued by the small liberal arts college experience. Any reactions or advice would be welcome. I don’t think he can make a bad choice, but he really wants to make the best choice.

I have been looking without success for admissions statistics for the undergraduate Elliott School of International Affairs in particular and would appreciate any information that is available.

I’m not sure about the specific statistics of admissions to Elliott, but it is definitely competitive to get in. Elliott is the most well-known school at GW and has ranked in the top ten schools for international affairs in the world for several years. I’m a current student and Elliott is the main reason I’m at GW (though I love it for a lot of other reasons now). My professors all have incredible experience - a lot of them are adjunct government workers or agency employees, former policymakers, or have done research with top scholars in the field. Also, being in D.C. is literally the best thing for an IR major, there’s so many opportunities for every facet of the major, which is a lot. I feel challenged in almost all of my classes and have learned a ton already, I’m a sophomore now. The curriculum is really interdisciplinary and they give you a ton of freedom for what classes to take to fill certain requirements. Employers like to see Elliott school students. Highly recommend