GW RD admissions- Chance Me

I am a senior in Baton Rouge, LA going to a competitive private parochial school.

GPA: 3.6 unweighted, 4.1 weighted (honors student with bilingual achievement status in Spanish)
ACT: 31 (32 superscore)
AP: English Language- 4, Psychology- 5, US History- 5 (AP scholar)
Rank not available because of school policy

Job:

• Internship at the Air Force Research Base in Ohio in the Cognitive Science Department

Extracurriculars:

• Youth and Government (Model UN + Youth Leg)
  • Science Fair
  • Drama Club (I’ve acted in 5 productions)
  • Writing Center (writing tutor)
  • Spanish Club
  • School tour guide
  • Science Club

Leadership:

• Speaker of the House for 2018 Youth Legislature
  • President of school YAG club
  • VP of Drama Club
  • Editor-in-Chief of school newspaper
  • Secretary for Spanish club

Awards:

• Competed at the International Science and Engineering Fair
  • Competed at the National Junior Science and Humanities Symposium
  • Selected by Louisiana to attend the Conference on National Affairs (25 out of 70 applicants accepted)
  • 1st place in behavioral science at the district and state science fair competitions
  • 5th place overall in Louisiana Junior Science and Humanities symposium (similar to science fair, but with PowerPoint presentations)
  • Outstanding Bill at 2017 Youth Legislature
  • Two-time winner for Outstanding Achievement award from the APA at science fair

I believe my essays were very strong and I did not read my recommendations, but the woman who wrote one of them knows me really well and said she wrote a very strong letter that was 4 pages long.

Any opinions on the chances of me getting in to GWU '22 would be greatly appreciated. This school is my top pick and I would love to go there. I plan on majoring in Political Communications. Thank you!!

You’ve got an impressive application. I think your chances are very good at acceptance. Keep us posted!

@LPNich yes, keep us posted.