Hampton Inn - East or University?

<p>Which one do you recommend for a stay? </p>

<p>Using Tripadvisor, Hampton Inn East is rated much higher than the University one. Just wondering what everyone thought.</p>

<p>thanks so much-</p>

<p>I’ve stayed twice at the Hampton Inn - University and it was fabulous both times. Staff is great and the hotel was of the typical Hampton Inn standard. It’s very convenient to the campus.</p>

<p>Agree with wdaveo. We were treated very nice both times we stayed there.</p>

<p>The Hampton Inn-University is one of the main hotels UA books for vising professors, speakers, etc., and has a good restaurant. It is also the 2nd closest hotel to campus.</p>

<p>The one on Harper Lee is very close to the Univ.</p>

<p>We stayed at the East one for our visit last fall. We didn’t spend much time at the hotel - got in to town about 3 am for our 8 am tour - but the people were very polite and it was clean, didn’t smell and had a decent breakfast.</p>

<p>We stayed at the Hampton Inn–University (Harper Lee Drive) quite a few times during DD’s junior and senior years: various campus visits, Honor Band, All State Orchestra. Some were just one night stays; others were 3 or 4.</p>

<p>We spent a lot of time at Moody Music Building, and this hotel was only one mile down the street. Very convenient. We thought it was very nice, and plan to make it our home away from home whenever we stay overnight in Tuscaloosa.</p>

<p>We accidentally left D’s piccolo in the room at the end of Honor Band. We realized after the concert (she played flute, so didn’t need it). We went back to the hotel. They had found it and put it in the safe. Only problem: the manager had left site for a short period, but we had to leave before he would get back. They offered to overnight the piccolo to us, but since we were coming back in 4 days for All State Orchestra we just asked them to keep it in the safe.</p>

<p>When we got back a few days later, they immediately gave us the piccolo, which was in the safe, labeled with all our info, with its hard carrying case wrapped securely in bubble wrap. They didn’t take any chances with her instrument!</p>

<p>I don’t have anything bad to say about this hotel. Oh, and the price was definitely right! Especially when we had to stay a total of 7 nights within a 2 week period!!</p>

<p>Stayed at the “other” Hampton Inn (the one NOT near the university) for several days last August. Good customer attention, very clean facility. I had the handicap room and it was a little worn, but it was clean and fine. I felt safe. I imagine either one would work for you. Came back in November but HI University was booked up, as were several other places. Stayed at Quality Inn on McFarland Blvd. near I-59/I20. It was an older facility, but up to date. It had outside rooms, which might have been a bit of a concern if I had been by myself, but my husband was with me during that visit.</p>