Harris Hall Questions

<p>Hi! I have recently been accepted to the University of Alabama, and I am going to attend the College of Human Environmental Sciences with a degree in Early Childhood Education. I have a few questions concerning the dorms in Harris Hall, especially since that is where I am likely to stay my freshmen year. </p>

<ol>
<li><p>What are the quality of the dorms? I am planning to live in a suite style dorm. </p></li>
<li><p>Are parking options available? Where would that be if so?</p></li>
<li><p>Did you enjoy living there, or have you heard positive reviews from other people that have lived there?</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Any answers would be very appreciated! Roll tide roll!</p>

<p>I don’t know how many “suites” are in this building - I do not believe they are like the suites in Ridgecrest/Riverside/Lakeside, etc. that you would have seen on a tour. Ask Housing about this.<br>
Note that there is no elevator to upper floors.
See here for link to parking map of resident housing (orange/yellow zones). Not sure if you have to move on game days or not. <a href=“http://fawp.ua.edu/bamaparking/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2013/08/Perimeter-Parking-Zones-2014-2015.pdf”>http://fawp.ua.edu/bamaparking/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2013/08/Perimeter-Parking-Zones-2014-2015.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Harris Hall is one of the older dorms on campus, possibly dating back to the 1920s or 1930s, although of course it has been updated… Advantages: it’s right next to sorority row (handy if you’re a sorority member) and the closest dorm to the Quad, the center of campus. Rooms are a bit bigger than newer non-suite dorms. Disadvantages: it’s older, the dorm doesn’t have the amenities of the big new ones, no parking options, Burke is the closest dining hall. You really should visit it and other dorms to get a good idea.</p>

<p>It’s one of the older dorms on campus, a call back to the old doubles-with-common-bathroom dorms from years ago. The “suites” consist of two old style dorm rooms that are singles and that share a bathroom between them. They’re not like the apartment-like suites on the north side of campus. You do have to move on gamedays.</p>