Harvard Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I just checked the profile section and i still have it. sorry. for the previous wrong picture

Just curious if there are any Indian applicants. Do you guys know if not having an interview automatically means rejection? :frowning:

1 Like

im pakistani. No interview. Not expecting anything aat all.

Indian Applicant. Proud to be rejected.

1 Like

I dont really know how to reply to this considering i am an adult who was rejected by 13 colleges already. All I can say is he should be proud of himself and greatful to have a supportive parents. Good luck😊

1 Like

i’m a regular decision applicant and my date changed to april 6 not sure if this helps or if it’s ‘portal astrology’

Normally I would advise applicants obsessively reading last minute tea leaves (which never work – any past indicator that people believed worked is just a coincidence that A led to result B for that person) to spend more time with your family and friends enjoying Spring of your senior year. You will never have one of these again. Because of Covid, another alternative is to go to the thread on Binge Watched TV Shows. Some of my favorites:

For those aspiring to a Wall Street Career: Billions on Prime. Dramatized, but a lot of fairly accurate stuff on how hedge funds operate.

Sci FI: Altered Carbon on Netflix. For you philosophers who ponder what is consciousness and its relation to the soul.

For those aspiring CIA operatives: The Americans on Prime. Accurate portrayal of a lot of spycraft.

Potential Far Eastern Studies majors: Qin Alliance on Netflix. About the great great grandfather of the First Emperor during the Warring States period. Historically fairly accurate with the usual condensation of timeline and characters.

7 Likes

Well said! I’ve binged a few shows myself with my family over quarantine that I’d recommend: Dexter, Breaking Bad, Columbo, House of Cards, and of course The Wire.

1 Like

I did apply, but like other people have said I wouldn’t read into it much

Designated Survivor’s also great

indian who got deferred, no interview

1 Like

I updated some materials on February 16, do you think admission officers would read it? Or I uploaded it too late?

I liked the first season, but the rest of the show didn’t really do it for me.

1 Like

yea agree

1 Like

mostly a question of curiosity, how much weight do interviews really hold? i got mine w an alumni in late feb, and it honestly went v well, i had a lot of fun :). my interviewer told me that this year the interview meant you were shortlisted, so i was wondering if it means this year they might hold some more weight?

3 Likes

I think the interview might hold more weight than before. anyway, ivy day is coming.

3 Likes

lol i didn’t get an interview so…

lol, I only got an interview because I applied early. I applied to around 20 schools and only got interviews from three schools.

1 Like

I hope the interviews hold a lot of weight this year

Checked portal on phone and the financial aid link is not there. Checked on computer and it is. Sorry to disappoint, but no portal astrology.