Harvard Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Sibling legacy has lesser weight but, I’m talking about 3/4 generation legacies that have big donor parents.

I acknowledge that we come from different backgrounds which have influenced our views differently and it was my bad jump to gun too fast. I apologize if I unconsciously came off as bitter and unpleasant. I wish you the best wherever you decide to commit to.

2 Likes

My sister goes to Brown and she has a couple of friends who have younger siblings that got in too. Im sure it has some weight, but certainly not as much as a parent/grandparent

fingers crossed it does lol

So, does not having an “Upload additional materials” option correlate with acceptance?

Mavs in 4.

3 Likes

do u mean “upload supplemental material”? everyone has that tab i believe

1 Like

Yeah. There was someone on this thread who said that we need to have both addresses and no UPDATE SUPPLEMENTAL TAB to get in. I’ve the addresses and the tab. So, I wasn’t sure

that mightve been for stanford and speculating for harvard according to that

1 Like

no, that was for stanford rea and it was like minutes before the decision, no portal astrology for harvard as far as i know

stanford rea was hours before

1 Like

Oh thank you. Had me worried!

ah ok ty. still i think everyones portals r exactly the same so idk i dont think any predictions can be made.

2 Likes

Here is something to think about instead of college admissions…
What is the animal with the longest lifespan?
An ocean quahog clam named Ming lived to be over 500 years old. Ocean quahogs, a type of clam, typically live 100 to 200 years.

My guy Ming was on the bottom of some ocean all the while many generations of kids got accepted and rejected to colleges. Ming never went to Harvard, and he still lived a long and happy life. We can all learn something from Ming.

14 Likes

now im wondering how they know about this ming guy… like did multiple generations of scientists track a clam … maybe a scientist dedicated his entire life to tracking this clam, and his son followed in his shoes, but then the son’s son was all like “no i don’t want to fall in ur shadow, i need to take my own path”… so did Ming live to be 500 or did the latest son just decide to abandon Ming? seems a little fishy if u ask me. poor ming, he could still be alive right now and not getting any credit for the mere act of living. we should all get credit for just living.

4 Likes

“a little fishy” lol

4 Likes

didnt apply to harvard but this thread’s funny-good luck guys

8 Likes

2 hours to go, and the anxiety is now getting to me.

Good luck everyone, wherever you make it :disappointed::heart:

2 Likes

good luck everyone we got this!

1 Like

This thread died for a whole hour LMAO

1 Like

YEAH lol there havent been any portal changes nothing to talk abt ig

It can be true. But there are limits. Parents in the US want their kid to have every advantage and if able to pay for a private CC why not? The essays aren’t written for them—but the CC might bring in a journalist, playwright or aspiring novelist to serve as editor. But don’t worry— legacy and $ are not guarantees. You get obvious advantage by applying ED— but so does everyone else applying ED with a private counselor who has advised every course, every EC, every volunteer activity since freshman year— staking out every advantage for standardized testing etc. But you’re not competing against them— they’re competing against each other. All the advantages count for part of the pool—not the whole class. No school wants just those kids.

1 Like