Haverford Supplemental essays- Honor code

Hello, i struggle to understand what to talk about in the honor code essay
The prompt is " 1. Tell us about a topic or issue that sparks your curiosity and gets you intellectually excited. How do you think the environment at Haverford, including the framework of the Honor Code, would foster your continued intellectual growth? Please limit your response to 250 words"

Please, the deadline is approaching and i really need to understand the meaning. Should i talk about trust and integrity?
If yes, what do they mean by a topic that Sparks my excitement. I really need tips on writing this essay.

A topic that sparks your excitement is exactly that - some interest you have that you are excited to talk about. Then you need to connect that in some way to a concept or component of their honor code. Familiarize yourself with the Honor Code, find a specific aspect that appeals to you, and explain how that fits in to your interest.

1 Like

Can i talk about a club i want to create?

You can talk about whatever you want.

I don’t think so. There are plenty of clubs there already. Why say you want to create something new? That indicates to me that you want something the college doesn’t offer. Creating a club once you get there, fine. But I don’t think using the prompt that way will help you.

What club do you want to create and why? What’s interesting about the school? Answer that, and we can go from there.

1 Like

Have you actually read the honor code?

You should appreciate that the school remains Quaker. They have a ton of resources on the Quaker affairs page.

The question is about your continued intellectual growth

How would the framework of the honor code help you learn…grow…understand more than you might in other structures or environments?

It’s not a trick question, and there are no wrong answers. Consider the honor code beyond what you’ve seen in the movies. Slow down…read some of the materials…and think about what you might learn there.

If you want some insight into Quakerism…here’s a video about Quaker SPICES.

How would you grow in an environment built on those principles?

If you really think about this for half an hour…and shut out the outside world for a bit…this essay isn’t so hard.

5 Likes

This is most informative that how we can create honor code.

1 Like

Is the college still sponsored by the official Quaker organization?