Heads up at uab... al pacino and also cincy lauper

<p>in case anyone want to drive over… cindy lauper will be at uab oct 9th and al pacino on april 21</p>

<p><a href=“https://www.uab.edu/news/latest/item/1699-alys-stephens-center-shines-with-al-pacino-one-night-only[/url]”>https://www.uab.edu/news/latest/item/1699-alys-stephens-center-shines-with-al-pacino-one-night-only</a></p>

<p>Thanks for the heads up. I take it Cindy Lauper will be singing. But what is Al Pacino going to be doing?</p>

<p>Sounds like some great stuff going on over at UAB!</p>

<p>Edit: Never mind! Thanks for the link! Would love to see the Al Pacino piece.</p>

<p>LSU will be at UA on November 5. That’s the real show.</p>

<p>^^^While that is exciting, I remember getting to see many musical acts and plays and movies while I was in college. It was a great experience, often free with my student ID. Although my college had a great football team, the stadium was off campus, so OOS students without cars took advantage of the many cultural activities offered on campus. Although UAB may not be known for its football, their students are lucky enough to enjoy cultural activities on and off campus that make up for what they lack on the gridiron. I don’t know what their status is now, but they were known to have a pretty good basketball team, though, and were a formidable opponent to Tulane and other Conference USA teams.</p>

<p>then dont go mabama… just letting t’town kids know what is going on in b’ham as a lot like to go over there on the weekends.</p>

<p>montegut…i would love to go to the cindy lauper concert (like her new memphis blues) but its at 8pm on a sunday night…i wouldnt get home til about2 am and get up 5:30 monday morning …too old for that now. may see about the al pacino one.</p>

<p>montegut… you’re being generous… blazer football isnt very good!</p>

<p>Thanks for letting us know. No offense intended. Just trying to add some levity.</p>

<p>no problem mabama! just realized that “then dont go”… may have seemed snotty :)</p>