HELP! Wanting to go to College for Musical Theatre with 2.6 GPA in NY!

<p>I'm currently a senior in highschool in IL. I've done a ton of theatre during highschool that made it hard for me to keep up with my grades and left me with a 2.6 GPA and a 24 ACT. I want badly to pursue Musical Theatre in college in NY and I'm a very capable performer, I've played it from Collins in RENT to Seaweed in the All-State Production of Hairspray, but I'm jt afraid I won't be able to get into any colleges to audition with my low GPA.</p>

<p>Help do you know of any colleges in NY with good musical theatre programs that I should apply for. I can audition may way in to most anything I just have to be allowed to apply first. Conservatories or Universities make no difference to me. I'll also take any other Colleges in Chicago or somewhere between IL and NY anything that's a strong Musical Theatre school that's audition based not academically.</p>

<p>You’ll probably get better and more informed responses if you post this on the musical theater board. Go to discussion home and then look under the section that has specific majors.</p>

<p>Try Rutgers</p>

<p>To my knowledge, Rutgers does not have an MT option</p>

<p>Prefect is correct, OP. You probably won’t get many useful responses here. </p>

<p>That being said, however, I do think it would be worth your while to look at some community colleges where you could raise your GPA and your transfer options from there.</p>

<p>Try Montclair State (in NJ, but close enough to NY) or Wagner.</p>