High Stats Student Looking for Merit in the North East

I hear you, it’s come down to in state Rutgers (definitely more expensive than UMD for residents), university of Binghamton, and USJ comes in the cheapest (never even considered it before). And that’s how the cookie crumbles in the northeast.

1 Like

Is it University of Saint Joseph in CT ? Is it. a private school ? She must received a big merit award to be cheaper than in-state public school.

Congrats to you and to her for all the acceptance and merit awards.

1 Like

St. Joe’s outside of Philly? They have very good merit. I know several NJ kids who got in there with large awards. Susquehanna is another private PA school that came in lower than Rutgers for our daughter.

2 Likes

Yes, outside Philadelphia, plus they have a great program for her major (according to her). It’s only 1 1/2 hours away.

1 Like

Did you have need? Curious about both of those 2. Thanks.

Susquehanna was all merit - she got their max award. Applied very early, and was notified very early. She has a 3.8 weighted (school doesn’t report unweighted) and submitted a 1320 SAT. I want to say the award was $37k.
She didn’t apply to St. Joe’s, but a friend said it’s currently the lowest cost option for her daughter, whose stats are a little lower than my D’s.

3 Likes

Daughter had committed to UMD. We paid the deposit and she filled out house and dinning agreement last week.

Good luck to all.

7 Likes