Honors Calc - Gregory Knese or Lawrence Roberts?

<p>The best schedule for S has him in Honors Calc 1 with Gregory Knese - who has average reviews on RateMyProf. A doable, but not as clean schedule (too many classes in a row with no breaks) has Honors Calc with Lawrence Roberts - who has AWESOME reviews on RateMyProf.</p>

<p>Has anyone had these professors and have any input on the quality of their teaching? Should more value be put on a higher quality prof or a better schedule (with more breaks?)</p>

<p>id take better prof</p>

<p>Has he looked at regular calc classes? Paul Allen is an awesome calculus teacher. I would highly recommend him if your son can fit him into his schedule.</p>

<p>We hadn’t considered the regular Calc 1. We were concerned about where he would get all his honors credits. As a CS major, I don’t think there are any honors classes in his major - they all need to come through electives (except Calc 1 and 2 and Eng 103, which he may place out of). I need to spend more time figuring out where his honors credits will come from.</p>

<p>^ while I appreciate the desire to plan ahead, be prepared to be flexible and definitely look into a few options for courses/profs. Registration, like housing pull, goes quickly. As far as not having honors classes in CS, DS (dual degree CS and Studio Art) is in the same boat but has been able to pick some up with his electives. To get all the requirements though, he is going to have to count on Honors by Contract for some CS or Art courses.</p>

<p>My DS took Calc II with Martin Evans. He loved him so much he is now taking Calc III with him. Don’t know if he teaches Calc I, but if so my DS would HIGHLY recommend him!</p>