Housing Confusion

Hi Everyone!

I am confused between the RLC and Hypatia learning communities. Although I am more inclined towards RLC but the cost is an important factor too while making my final selection. Are the RLC double dorms expensive or do they have almost the same cost as other dorms?
Please help me make the right choice!!!
Thanks a lot!!

PY currently costs $6216-$6360, while living in Lee Hall is $4862 this year. These prices will slightly increase for the next school year. RLC is suite style with in-suite bathrooms and air conditioning, while Lee is a traditional dorm with communal bathrooms.

Prices can be found here: http://www.housing.vt.edu/rates/index.html

Okay. One more question. If I chose to live in either Lee Hall or PY will additional costs be included in the room and board and if I do not chose to go in either of them what sort of housing will I be placed in?

@studint‌ , I was in a similar situation last week (honors housing or PY)! From what I’ve found so far, I don’t believe there are any additional costs, but if there were they would probably be included? Might want to ask the housing office.

@HHSHawk‌ Where have you applied? I want to apply to PY but want to know about the additional costs if before making my final decision.

@studint‌ , i applied to RLC and honors housing! I was going to apply to Da Vinci, but decided against it due to the dorms. I dont think there are any additional costs other than the dorms costs, which i feel are totally worth it (suite style, in suite bathroom, air conditioning, mini walk in closet, and the RLC classes are in the dorm)