how badly will hurt my early decision chances?

<p>I am worried that I'm gonna get handed a deferral. 3.77/3.55 GPA 29 ACT (30 Math 30 CR 28 E) applying for business undecided. from NoVa, got a bunch of good extracurriculars. 6 AP classes, AP Econ and a business law/mgmt class. wrote all 3 personal statements and im a legacy. I'm pretty much the epitome of a student who is on the bubble. However the thing that concerns me most is that I came into senior year taking 5 AP's, but I dropped one of them at the end of first quarter. I could not switch into another class because it was so late so I took a TA period. How poorly will it look that instead of taking a 7th class I took nothing? I know they stress course rigor, and just straight up not taking a class is not rigorous. Should I expect a deferral?</p>

<p>If you receive a deferral it not will be due to this one class being dropped/changed. It will more likely be the GPA / ACT scores. These are VTs primary drivers more so than extracurricular activities and legacy. If deferred, do not give up hope as you still have a chance during RD.</p>

<p>@ogmudbone69‌ I think you’re above the cutoff by a sliver, so you’re in by my estimation. Please let us know, because my son may submit his application for regular (depending on a couple EA schools we’re waiting on) and his numbers are similar to yours. Has 3 APs this year plus 2 dual enrollments and 2 HNs. However, if he applies regular, he will send in his mid-year grades, which are all A’s and one B.</p>